To celebrate the first anniversary of Sahamati, a 4-week long hackathon was held starting in July. A total of 85 teams were formed constituting of 372 members from 9 time zones!
We were expecting 20 decent projects. We underestimated the enthusiasm, we got 46 superb submissions! Our esteemed panel of judges shortlisted 10 projects for the final round.
Objectives of Hackathon
- Increase Awareness of AA ecosystem – Approximately 3,000 registered on Airmeet to watch the proceedings, 600 registered on our Slack channel to build a vibrant AA community
- Education through our 26 masterclasses by subject matter experts
- Build a Community of AA enthusiasts
About Hackathon Participants
Five Account Aggregator sandboxes were available to all participants.
- Students: From IITs to local engineering colleges
- Startups: From fledgeling companies to established fintech leaders like Capital Float, Kaleidofin, Paisa Bazaar
- Corporates: Giants like NSDL
The hackathon has resulted in the creation of at least 3 new companies!
The finals of the first hackathon were held on August 9, 2020. The results of the hackathon are as below,
|Sl No||Team Name||Project Name||Elevator Pitch||Use Case|
|1||AA-dhaar||Darth VDR - Virtual Data Room||Darth VDR allows computations on private data through proprietary algorithms in isolated virtual data rooms of a regulated entity without exposing the data or the algorithms to the opposite party.||Virtual Data Room|
|2||Team Anonymous||iConsent||Consent Journey UI Toolkit enabling Accessible and Inclusive experiences for Indian user base||Consent Management|
|3||Finarkein Analytics||Flux||Virtual Data Room with data processing and enrichment capability supported by simple Query layer||Virtual Data Room|
|4||Maks Connect||Maks Pay||Instant loans for MGNREGA Workers.||Lending|
|5||PaisaBazaar||SmartMatch||Solving Uncertainty in Lending||Lending|
Special Interest Category Winners
|1||The Indecent Gradients||Knox||A secure, Function-as-a-Service (FaaS) based virtual data room provider for the Account Aggregator Framework||Virtual Data Room|
|2||swartz||AA-To-All||हाँ से AA तक (Haan Se AA Tak)||Neobanking|
We would like to thank Sequoia India, Perfios AA, Yodlee, Onemoney AA and LendingKart for sponsoring this hackathon.
We would also like to thank Devfolio and Airmeet for providing their platforms for conducting this hackathon.
- Sahamati AA Hackathon 2020 – Projects List
- Account Aggregator Hackathon Tech FAQ
- AA Hackathon Schedule & Masterclass videos
- Account Aggregator Hackathon Bible
- India’s First Account Aggregator Hackathon held in July 2020
- Sahamati Hackathon 2020 Press Release
- Judges, Mentors, Masterclass Presenters for Account Aggregator Hackathon 2020
- FIPs and FIUs in the Account Aggregator Ecosystem
- Account Aggregators in India