Sahamati Governance Design Principles
Aimed at balancing all members’ voices and opinions, this is how the Sahamati governance structure works
All members meet annually
All members are invited for an Annual Members Conference and also attend the Annual General Meeting (AGM) during the time.
Become part of Steering Committees
All members are invited to join Steering Committees, as applicable to their type of business. This currently includes the following 7 committees – Banks, NBFCs, AAs, TSPs, RIAs/Securities, Insurance, Pension Funds.
Representatives in Governing Council
Each Steering Committee nominates an “expert” member to the Sahamati Governing Council (GC) as a representative of their voice.
Come together to share expertise
The GC consists of member-nominees and industry experts, endorsed by Steering Committee Chairs. GC members are appointed by invitation from the Sahamati Board.
Helped by Expert Advisory Council
The GC is assisted by a separate Expert Advisory Council consisting of 3-5 subject matter experts from different sectors.
Sahamati Governance Structure
Governing Council Composition
The Governing Council (GC) is responsible for all decisions that influence the fulfillment of members’ needs. It consists of industry experts, nominees from steering committees, Sahamati CEO and a public interest director.
All members have a minimum tenure of 12 months.
Meet the current Governing Council
Advisory Council Composition
The advisory council consists of 3-5 subject matter experts invited by the Sahamati board or the Governing Council.
Meet the current Advisory Council
Regulation & Compliance
Legal & Governance
- Promote the AA ecosystem amongst citizens and institutions
- Operate a framework for smooth grievance redressal of all customer complaints
- Publish participation terms and codes of conduct for our members.
- Educate customers and participants about all aspects (technical, legal, business) of the AA ecosystem
- Promote interoperability, security and user experience standards amongst our members.
- Publish Research and Whitepapers
- Offer common public infrastructure needed for interoperability and a common understanding of ecosystem status
- Offer a platform for participants to present a common voice to policymakers