The launch of the Account Aggregator framework promises to usher in a new era for data governance in India. Since 2016 we have seen the ecosystem cross several milestones – from the first mention of Account Aggregators via an RBI Master Directive in 2016, to the launch of Sahamati by Nandan Nilekani in July 2019, the landmark 5-week AA Hackathon held in July/August 2020. We have come a long way.
In the background there has been tireless work done across different workstreams to get us to this point. FIUs and FIPs are now in a position to be onboarded to the network. The first batch of AA operating licenses has been issued. Account Aggregator Sandboxes have been made available for testing. Entrepreneurs have started building on ideas for different components of this new consent-based data value chain.
As a not-for-profit body set up to be a Collective of the AA Ecosystem, Sahamati has several roles to play in the governance of this model in India. Account Aggregators represent a paradigm shift, and it is our collective responsibility to help transition to a new era for data protection and empowerment in our country.
In light of this, we are now inviting applications for both individuals and organisations who are keen to spend some time as volunteers with Sahamati. We would like to thank the volunteers who shared their expertise with us in 2020.
This is a great opportunity if you have been following developments in the AA space and/or
- have domain expertise in sectors where AA could be useful,
- have the technical background to work on the architecture, design and UI/UX of the AA framework,
- you can productize the tools developed by volunteers of Sahamati,
- you are passionate about fintech and would like to write about the different implications of AAs/Open Banking,
- you like to get your hands dirty with quantitative/qualitative research
- you think there’s another way you could add value to our operations
If you are interested in volunteering with Sahamati, please fill in the form below to the best of your abilities. And if there’s scope for us to fit you into the current scheme of things, we will get in touch.
If you are new to the world of Account Aggregators, you can find useful information on our official Youtube channel.
A good starting point would be: