At DigiSahamati Foundation (Sahamati) we believe that by creating an environment for our employees to personally and professionally thrive, we will have a maximum impact on our missions to achieve our vision.
Sahamati is a not-for-profit company incorporated under Section 8 of the Companies Act. Sahamati is an industry alliance to promote the Account Aggregator Ecosystem.
Data is a key part of the way our economy works. Data sharing is not new. But data sharing with the user’s consent is new. Various business/enterprises collect data under various pretexts. There is little or no accountability in the use of the data.
Account Aggregators are intermediaries whose objective is to manage the Consent of the users and act as data access fiduciaries. Sahamati is on a mission to transform people’s data wealth to economic wealth, a first of its kind in the world.
The Account Aggregator is data agnostic. Sahamati will initially focus on the financial services world but intends to then work in other sectors including healthcare and education.
Please visit https://sahamati.org.in for more details about Sahamati, it’s vision and mission.
Role and Deliverables
- Collaborate with regulators, Account Aggregators and law firms to draft policy guidelines and legal architecture for the Account Aggregator ecosystem.
- In anticipation of the new personal data privacy bill, suggest changes to policies, procedures and guidelines applicable to the Account Aggregators.
- Help draft standardized policies and procedures in relation to the sharing of data by Account Aggregators.
- Ensure adherence to the policies formed.
- Attend to legal requirements for Sahamati including drafting agreements as applicable.
- Determine / identify / promote best legal practices in relation to use of data.
- Coordinate between the various players in the Account Aggregator ecosystem, including Account Aggregators, regulators, law firms, Sahamati and other service providers in relation to legal aspects.
- Calculate and handle risks in business process and decision making.
- Proactively conduct legal research including global policies impacting the company framework.
- Work experience of 4-5 years either in a law firm or an “in-house” role involving online business, SaaS or artificial intelligence / deep machine learning. Some experience with litigation/disputes will be valued.
- Excellent Analytical, persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Good organizational, prioritization and time management.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
Please share your resume with us at careers [at] sahamati.org.in if you are working in a frontier area where you lead policy interests.